Nutritional Therapy - Overview
- The initial consultation consists of reviewing your intake paperwork and gathering information on health history, current health and symptoms, and overall health and lifestyle goals.
- You will be briefed on the long-term process of goal and health achievement as well as the specific pathways to your individual goals.
- You will be Introduced and educated on topics that are applicable to your initial goals.
- Typically, we will go over a hands-on technique called the Functional Evaluation to further pinpoint areas of dysfunction.
- Towards the end of the appointment, together, we will create an initial plan with goals.
- Due to the information gathering of this appointment, initial consultations are typically longer in duration than proceeding follow-up consultations and last anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Within follow-up appointments, goals are reviewed and discussed in terms of success, compliancy, issues, and/or concerns.
- Symptoms and current health and lifestyle statuses are reviewed and investigated.
- Additional education on new concepts and goals are introduced and incorporated into their continued plan.
- Together, we will create additional goals as well as reinforce and layer previous goals that are still appropriate and applicable.
- At times, we may review the hands-on exam, the Functional Evaluation to see if there are any changes.
- The long term duration and frequency of follow-up consultations depend on your case and needs. Typically, the duration lasts between 3 and 6 months and an appointment frequency ranging from every 2 to 4 weeks.
- Weekly email check-ins and/or texts are utilized as well as phone calls, when required.
- These check-ins provide encouragement, motivation, accountability and trouble shooting of your goals and symptoms.
- During these check-ins, individualized tools of success, accountability, and education are utilized: apps, checklists, food journals, homework, readings, videos, etc.